AWAKENINGS LITERARY INTERNSHIP SPRING 2021
The goal of this programming internship is to provide programming interns with the opportunity to obtain hands-on experience within a small non-profit during a critical growth period. Intern will work closely with our literary & visual art review committees of volunteers, Programming Assistant, and Creative Director to plan and execute various visual and literary events and programs throughout our spring season: Return.
The Intern is responsible for completing 12-15 hours of work each week scheduled around the Intern’s class schedule/availability. To accommodate the health and safety of our team and interns during the Covid-19 Pandemic, this internship will be held remotely with the potential to move to in-person should the situation improve come November.
Please note that this internship is unpaid. College credit is available.
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of Awakenings is to make visible the artistic expression of survivors of sexual violence. All volunteers and interns are responsible for becoming familiar with the above mission statement. In addition, each volunteer and intern is expected to adhere to policies and procedures as stated.
1. Preferred Qualities and Experience:
- Confidence in written & verbal communications
- A creative and artistically minded person- experience with visual art, performance, and/or writing preferred.
- Ability to pick up on new ideas, platforms and concepts quickly
- Leads with vulnerability and asks questions when needed
- A strong collaborator who can generate new ideas and contribute creatively to solve problems and achieve goals
- Graphic Design experience strongly preferred
Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter no later than December 7, 2020 to: