Auditions Announced for Much Ado About Nothing
We are now accepting submissions to audition for Ghostlight Ensemble’s upcoming immersive production of Much Ado About Nothing to be performed in an Albany Park home, where audience members may move amongst the action as all the drama and comedy unfolds around them. The production will be directed by Producing Director Holly Robison.
Auditions: Wednesday January 15 and & Thursday, January 16, 2020: 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Callbacks: Saturday, January 18, 2020: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Chicago’s north side.
Location will be provided when audition slot is assigned.
What to Prepare:
Sides will be forwarded with audition slot.
Performance Dates will be Friday and Saturn evenings and Sunday matinees, April 24 to May 17, 2020, with a possible extension. Tech will be April 18–23, 2020. Rehearsals will begin early-mid March on weekday evenings and weekend days. Rehearsals will be scheduled according to cast availability.
Looking to cast all roles, ages ranging from early 20s to 70s. Seeking a strong ethnically diverse cast of all genders, ages, shapes and sizes. Some roles may be double cast and/or considered for gender fluid casting. Please see character breakdown below.
- BEATRICE, pleasant spirited lady
- HERO, Beatrice’s younger cousin
- LEONATO, Governor of Messina – Hero’s father and Beatrice’s uncle
- MARGARET, waiting gentlewoman to Hero
- URSULA, waiting gentlewoman to Hero
- BENEDICK, a gentleman from Padua
- DON PEDRO, Prince of Aragon
- CLAUDIO, a young lord from Florence
- BALTHASAR, servant/singer
- DON JOHN, Don Pedro’s brother
- BORACHIO, Don John’s comrade
- CONRADE, Don John’s comrade
- DOGBERRY, Master Constable in Messina
- VERGES, Dogberry’s deputy
- GEORGE SEACOAL, leader of the Watch
- FIRST WATCHMAN
- SECOND WATCHMAN
- FRIAR FRANCIS
Please submit your headshot and resume to Jean at firstname.lastname@example.org, and she will be in touch with sides and an audition appointment. Please indicate any time restrictions you have for the audition period in your email.