AUDITION BOOTCAMP: Open to young actors (ages 14-22)
REGISTER NOW for Chicago Youth Shakespeare's AUDITION BOOTCAMP!
October 17th and 24th* (consecutive Monday evenings) from 6-9pm
*Registration is for both class dates.
The Fine Arts Building, Chicago
Studio A (3rd Floor)
Chicago Youth Shakespeare’s Audition Bootcamp is designed for young actors who are preparing for undergraduate conservatory auditions, or are just looking to refine their audition skills!
Specific areas of focus will include:
- Choosing a monologue that is right for you and right for the audition
- Tips for putting together successful college pre-screens and video auditions
- Knowing how to walk in the room (yes, this is a thing), and slate like a pro
- Unpacking the text to make the words make sense
- Finding (and accessing) the "moment before" at a moment's notice
- Transitioning between classical and contemporary monologues
- Re-focusing any pre-audition nerves to work for you and not against you
- Techniques to take your character prep and performance to the next level.
Students should prepare two contrasting pieces to work on: one Shakespeare monologue and one contemporary monologue.
Financial aid available.