Artists and Makers needed for the Third Annual Mother Earth Market
Brushwood Center at Ryerson Woods is looking for Artists, Artisans, Makers and Local Businesses and Organizations to be vendors at the 2024 "Mother Earth Market." Taking place every Mother’s Day weekend, the market features and celebrates local artists, makers, vendors and organizations who are inspired by “Mother Earth” and working towards a more sustainable future. As a special treat, the Mother Earth Market will also feature live music performances, drop-in art activities and more! A full schedule of events and times will be available later this spring.
Items sold in the Market may include (but are not necessarily limited to): artwork, notecards, jewelry and personal accessories, functional objects for the home or garden, decorative items, toys, personal care items, artisanal food items, plants, Mother’s Day gifts, as well as items, services and educational materials related to community wellbeing and a more sustainable future. THE MAJORITY OF ITEMS SOLD BY EACH VENDOR MUST BE IN SOME WAY REALTED TO NATURE, WELLBEING, THE ENVIRONMENT AND/OR BE ECO-FRIENDLY (subject matter, materials used, function, locally made, etc.), but we encourage a wide variety of interpretations of that theme.
- The in person market will take place both inside Brushwood Center (mostly smaller artwork displayed on communal tables) and in tents on the Brushwood Grounds (larger art displays, food vendors, local businesses & organizations, etc.). Note – there will be no online pre-sale for this market.
- Vendors with work displayed inside Brushwood do not need to be present during the sale (though volunteering is highly encouraged).
- Brushwood Center will be responsible for set up, display, central checkout, etc. for inside sale.
- Brushwood will retain 25% of sales from the art market sale.
- Tents will be considered autonomous, and those vendors will need to be present and be responsible for their own set up, tents, tables, display racks, check out, etc.
- Secure interior storage space will be available for anyone who would like to lock up their items Saturday night to Sunday morning.
- Other amenities such as access to Wi-Fi, water, or electricity are available upon request, and may require an extra fee.
- Tent vendors will be charged a permit fee of $150 upon acceptance, but will not be charged a percentage of sales.