Apply to display your work in The Nook at Agitator Gallery
Agitator Cooperative Gallery, an artist-curator volunteer 501c3 nonprofit storefront gallery, located in West Town-Wicker Park, 1112 N Ashland Ave, is accepting 2D visual art submissions for The Nook – two sections of wall space featuring a guest artist’s work in conjunction with its regularly programmed monthly art shows. Nook exhibits are one month long.
If selected to show art, the guest artist agrees to pay a $40.00 fee to help the nonprofit gallery pay its monthly operating costs. Payment can be made via PayPal (please use Friends setting) at -- paypal.me/agitatorgallery AND add a note that this is a payment is for the Nook!
The artist also agrees to make a 40% donation for any artwork on display that is sold to the gallery.
Several larger size or many smaller size artworks may be submitted to display in the Nook.
Please go to http://www.agitatorgallery.com/thenook for more detail.
In the body of your email
• a very brief note about your background, art education, art practice and artwork being submitted to the show
• a link to your website or social media page where more of your art can be viewed.
Please attach to the email
• provide a brief artist statement (several sentences or up to 250 words), which can include information your background, art education, art practice and artwork submission(s).
• label information for each artwork that is submitted in this format:
Title of artwork, year completed
Materials used, vertical x horizontal size in inches
• jpgs of your art
• a jpg portrait photo of yourself
(This information, the portrait photo, link to your art website will be included in an information card next to your work)