2022 Foundwork Artist Prize
The Foundwork Artist Prize is an annual juried award to recognize outstanding practices by contemporary artists working in any media.
The Foundwork Artist Prize is open to artists residing in any location worldwide with limited exceptions. Open to all media.
One honoree will receive an unrestricted $10,000 grant and studio visits with each of the distinguished jurors. In addition, the honoree and three shortlisted artists will each be interviewed in the Foundwork Dialogues program to further public engagement with their work.
The jury for the 2022 Foundwork Artist Prize includes leading international curators, gallerists, educators, and artists:
- Edgar Arcenaux, Multidisciplinary Artist and Educator, Los Angeles
- César García-Alvarez, Founding Executive and Artistic Director, The Mistake Room, Los Angeles
- Lauren Kelly, Partner and Director, Sean Kelly Gallery, New York
- Eva Langret, Director, Frieze London
- Javier Peres, Founder, Perés Projects, Berlin, Milan, and Seoul
Foundwork membership costs $4 per month and can be canceled at any time. To be eligible for the 2022 prize, artists must register and maintain a profile on the Foundwork website, with at least 6 artworks and an artist statement published on their profile page, throughout the selection period: 5:00 pm PT, September 26, 2022 through 5:00 pm PT, December 31, 2022
Foundwork is a platform for artists to introduce their work to people across the contemporary art community. Our purpose is to support access and discourse between artists, curators, gallerists, and collaborators, wherever they are based.