CALL FOR PROPOSALS - 2022 Annual Glass Art Society Conference
2022 Annual GAS Conference
Tacoma, Washington, USA
Wednesday, May 18th – Saturday, May 21st
Applications Open Monday, June 7, 12:00am PDT
Applications Close Sunday, July 18, 2021 at 11:59 pm PDT
The 2022 GAS Conference marks the 50th Anniversary of the Glass Art Society, and we’re celebrating by bringing together the international glass community in Tacoma, Washington.
Next year, we will explore the past 50 years of glass and discuss what the next 50 years holds for making, collecting, and educating. We will also be celebrating the intersectional nature of our community and how those intersections make the glass community so special.
GAS invites you to SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES AND EXPERTISE by submitting a conference proposal in support of GAS’s mission to connect, inspire, and empower all facets of the global glass community.
- Demonstrations (Demos) = up to 2-hour presentations featuring live demonstrations of hot, cold, flame, and neon glassmaking.
- Lecture/Demonstrations (Lecmos) = 1.5-hour presentations featuring a combination of a lecture, with pre-made materials, and a live demonstration. Most appropriate for kiln-working, mold-making, and neon/plasma. showcasing the steps/process of making more time-consuming pieces.
- Lectures = 1-hour presentations ranging from emerging artists to educators and established professionals and curators.
- Panels = 1.5-hour presentations featuring panels of artists, experts, and educators who bring innovative and unique glass topics to the stage.
- Other (films, performances, workshops, etc.) = up to 1.5-hour presentations that show the diversity of the glass art community.
We will be including a small percentage of live, online presentations for Lecmos, Lectures, and Panels. If you select this preference, all presenters must be prepared with any technical requirements. Please note that GAS may request a change of presentation format for accepted presentations, according to needs determined by time, space, and program curation. If you select this preference, all presenters must be prepared with any technical requirements.
Every primary presenter is given one complimentary conference pass (unless otherwise noted). Honorariums are determined by type of presentation and are dispersed after the Conference.
- Demos – $400 total honoraria (plus 1 complimentary conference pass for assistant).
- Lecmos – $400 total honoraria
- Lectures – $400 total honoraria
- Panels – $250 honorarium for moderator, $200/panelist (max. 3 panelists)
- Other – determined by presentation
*All honorariums are confirmed in Service Agreements by the GAS office.
LEARN MORE + APPLY: https://www.glassart.org/conference/tacoma-2022/